Sunshine the shea butter-loving cat welcomes you to the Crafts & Recipes page! Have you done your gift or personal shopping yet? Want to stay away from the mall? Avoid looking for a parking space? Save money on gas? If so, Sunshine recommends that you have a look at Everything Shea and see the wonderful, aromatic, healthy, fun and handcrafted shea butter creations!
Do you have crafty tendencies? Or do you just want to present a friend, loved one, or co-worker with a dynamic looking gift basket? If so, read how you can Make Gift Baskets For Fun & Profit!
Crafting melt & pour glycerin soap looks effortless and is the perfect gift to give any time of the year. Better yet, why not just start making and selling it? Learn some valuable tips from Melt & Pour Glycerin Soapcrafting: What You Need to Know.
Here are a few FREE RECIPES. Click on the highlighted links to learn more about some easy to make soap and other simple bath & body products!
BUTTER SOAP is something you need if you love to have a thick,
rich moisturizing lather. Not only is this the perfect Melt & Pour soap
recipe to use if you're new to soapcrafting, but it's the type of recipe that
yields a soap that is good for most skin types. And for the kids, read how
to make fun SOAP- POPS!
Good anytime of the year! Make sure your feet remain cool and dry and smelling like FRESH FEET!
NOW, MORE CRAFTY LINKS!
Just scroll down to the bottom of the page to read the new CRAFTY LINKS section and link your way to crafts around the world. If you make and sell your own crafts, or know of someone who does, please contact me for a link exchange! Please notice there's a new LINK OF THE MONTH! You can be eligible if you exchange links with Lisa's Library of Writing.
The enticing aroma has been captured for you, along with a subtle blend of stargazer lily in the form of Lotus Flower Glycerin Soap. Whether you wish to use it as a decoration or to bathe with, know that this gentle-on-your-skin soap is enriched with shea butter. These soaps are available in pink, blue or white -- the hues are from natural glittering micas. To inquire about ordering now, contact me at: EverythingShea
BULGARIAN LAVENDER GLYCERIN SOAP
Also, don't miss these beautiful Bulgarian Lavender soaps made with pure essential oil from -- Bulgaria! Great for even sensitive skin types, lavender is one of the most popular natural aromas for relaxation.
Shea Butter Soap ~ Shea butter is fast becoming the most popular additive to soaps, lotions, creams, lip balms, shampoos and conditioners, and lotion bars. Why? The healing qualities of this African nut fat abound, helping those with dry skin, sunburn, minor skin irritations, and in just plain softening and conditioning the skin and hair. You can use either refined or unrefined shea butter in your soaps. I'm so enchanted with shea butter that I sell products made with it! Please visit Everything Shea Aromatic Creations to see what I mean!
8 oz. opaque melt & pour soap base
1/2 Tablespoon shea butter
1 teaspoon honey [optional]
1/2 teaspoon sweet orange essential oil
Two 4-oz. rectangle molds
1. Slice up the opaque soap base into cubes.
2. Melt the shea butter and the soap in a double boiler OR crock pot.
3. Pour into molds.
4. Refrigerate or freeze until soap is hardened.
5. Unmold and allow to return to room temperature.
6. Wrap in cling wrap.
The following recipe is the perfect project to make for kids of any age. Not only is it simple to make, it’s an educational lesson in weights and measures. Best of all, it’s quick, no dangerous chemicals are used, and not a lot of equipment is needed.
What is a Soap-Pop? A bar of soap on a stick that looks and smells like a popsicle. Unfortunately, it doesn’t taste like one!
6 – 8 ounces of glycerin melt and pour soap. Translucent or opaque.
6-pack of popsicle molds
¼ teaspoon essential and/or fragrance oils
· To determine what size popsicle molds you have, fill one of them almost to the top with water. Empty the water into a measuring cup and that will give you an accurate measurement. The molds used in this recipe held 1 ounce, therefore 6 ounces of soap was needed. You can add a ½ ounce more of soap to be on the safe side.
· Cut the soap into cubes.
· Add the soap to the double boiler OR microwave. Include a small piece of the color nugget, approximately ¼ of the cube. Too much color will cause the soap to ‘bleed.’ Always start by adding less, then increasing if necessary.
· When the soap and color have been blended, it’s time to add the essential or fragrance oil.
· Have the popsicle molds at the ready, the lids removed, and keep them in the 6-pack stand they came in. If your double boiler or microwaveable container has no spout, it’s a good idea to pour the soap into a container with a spout so that it goes into the molds with no mess. Remember to pour the soap almost to the top of the mold.
· Add the lids carefully, making sure they snap on all the way. Put into the freezer for about an hour.
· When you take out the Soap-Pops, check to make certain they are done. When you push from the bottom of the mold you should see or feel the soap loosen. Allow to return to room temperature.
Label, making sure you indicate that IT IS NOT EDIBLE!
LINK OF THE MONTH! Candles and Candlemaking by GenWax.com Your online store for candles and more! Wide variety of candles, candle holders, candle accessories, and supplies for making candles!
AllCrafts.net Free Crafts Network
Crafters Catalogs - The Virtual Craft Show, online since May 1998. Come browse our booths of quality crafts, craft bookstore, show listings, suppliers, and more.
Del Cielo Candle Co. High Quality, Triple Scented Candles at reasonable prices. Even Melt-down, STRONG scented candles guaranteed to make Del Cielo Candles your NEW favorite Candle Co.
RA*D*AR Electromagnetic Stabilizer - Test your daily radiation exposure, you may need protection!
SheaShells SeaShells & Silk Florals Fine Seashell Decor, handcrafted and custom designed with real sea shells and dried and silk florals. Centerpieces, Favors, Wreaths, Swags, Wall Decor and accessories - Beach Weddings and Seaside Events, Gifts, Jewelry & Beach Home Decor. Friendly and personalized customer service!
2001 - 2005 by Lisa Maliga
All copy and photographs on this entire website are copyrighted by Lisa Maliga and may not be used without express written permission.